Sunday, July 21, 2013

Mercy #2: Thankful

So, today....Joel jumped off the diving board at the pool deep end with no floaties, no significant swimming skills, no one in the water to catch him, and no permission to do so.

I had been sitting on the deck observing and thought when he headed that direction that he was going to the shed to get some toys. Then I hear a big splash...

He came up attempting to dog paddle, but it quickly became clear to me that he wasn't going to make it to the side on his own.
I got to jump in with my clothes on and save him. 

I'm thankful to God that I was there and able to do it; thankful for my little guy even if he currently has an under-developed sense of danger; and thankful to my father-in-law for subsequently swimming down to the bottom to retrieve my glasses.  

4 comments:

  1. ahhh!!! Joel DON'T GIVE YOUR MAMA A HEART ATTACK! (I was yelling at him!) Oh my goodness now scary! So glad you heard him and knew what had happened!! Praying for his under-developed sense of danger!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Joel! That's terrifying! Thank Jesus you were there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Super Mom to the rescue and you just started your adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Yay mama for jumping in :) I plan to read your blog. You can always call me (Skype is great and it isn't bad to pay some $ to get Skype credit and call cell phones or home phones directly)! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete